Photobucket

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Life is too short

A week and a half ago, on Saturday, July 19, Ali VanGieson and her Dad, Craig Walther died in a rollover accident traveling to Utah for a family reunion. Craig left a sweet wife, four sons and several grandchildren. Ali left a young husband doing a surgical residency and three small children. My heart aches for such a loss, but at the same time, I know that they will live again and will be with their families again. This has been quite the year and summer. There have been soooo many babies born to families and friends in my area, several weddings a few divorces and unfortunately a few funerals. I lost 2 classmates and a friend, Ali. It really helps put life into persepective, makes me hold my babies a little closer and hold Ben a little longer. I know that life will continue to hold all of these and I just hope I get to be there for all of them, instead of being the occasion! We'll see. I guess we can just hold our breath, enjoy the ride and hope that Heavenly Father has a bit more work for us to do!!

1 comment:

Rebecca Pierce said...

Fitting title to the post. My first comment didn't work. Hmmmm. Anyway, our ward will never be the same, what great people. It sheds new light on my interaction with family members. Such precious times we share!