Photobucket

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Roma

First McDonalds in Italy - couldn't resist. But, I ordered fairly safe, I didn't order the fried shrimp or the fried mozzorella/spinach balls.
At the Colloseum - Ben's favorite and highlight of his trip.
The wives of American Family enjoying Pompeii. We are standing on the stones in the road where people would cross so that they wouldn't have to step in the sewage that ran freely in the road. Luckily that was thousands of years ago otherwise we would have had to throw our shoes away!!
Yeah!! My gondola ride!! I realy wanted to do this so we shared our romantic ride with another couple, rode under the famous Rialto Bridge, by Marco Polo's palace and other fun areas.

So we fell in love with our new amor, Roma. Ben and I took a trip to Venice, Florence and Rome doing all the major sites and a few more. We were spoiled by Ben's company and by my parents, who along, with the Jones (who are also amazing) took our children while we were away. Enjoy the pics!

6 comments:

Amy said...

looks like a fabulous time! Glad you got your gondola ride :)

Dan said...

It does look like it was a lot of fun. I would love to go sometime. I'm sure Ben will continue to win trips. How about taking me next time Ben? I probably am not as fun to ride on the gondola with and I won't hold your hand but I would laugh at your jokes. Come on...

Mallory said...

Hey Anna! Love the blog! Your trip looked awesome! Glad you guys had a good time.

Amy Baker said...

Glad to see you finally updated your blog. And again, I'm glad you guys had such a great trip!

Tara and Andrew said...

Looks like so much fun! The pictures are awesome. We'll have to go with you next time.

Rebecca Parker said...

found your blog via jodi's & had to check out pics of such an amazing trip! lucky to get to see all of those cool places...must mean your man is working hard to be rewarded that way! congrats-your patience & his tenacity is paying off!!