Photobucket

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sound to Narrows 12K






My goal for the Sound to Narrows 12K this year was to do it in under 1 hr. That means I had to average an 8 minute mile the whole time. This is a challenge on flat road, but adding the hills added a whole new level. I tried my best to train, but I was pretty nervous come race day. The weather was ideal and the company was great. I was doing okay until the final hill. I thought that there was no way I'd reach my goal as I was crawling up the last hill. But, as I reached the grass and saw the finishing clock, I knew I made it. 59:33 was my final time. I was elated!! Ben was there with the girls which was the icing on the cake - it was a great day!

1 comment:

Harris Family said...

Holy Cow Anna....you rock! Nice work!

Jennica